My favorite things about my dog, Sis. That's what I want to discuss this morning.
1) I love the fur between her pads. When she's asleep, I like to tweak it with my fingernails and watch her twitch.
2) I love the silky soft fur on the sides of her face. I like to rub my cheeks against hers and smell her dog smell.
3) I love the puppy softness of her tummy and the way it feels when she's standing, licking egg off my plate.
4) I love her ears. I like to flip them back a la pirate or make her a German Fraulein.
5) I love that her ears reach a peak of "ripeness" (smell) right before they become too houndy
6) I love that she's so damn smart. She knows I get her and vice versa, so it's like having a very best friend in a dog suit.
7) I love/hate that she can be so stubborn. Its hilarious, and at the same time, I want to kill her.
8) I love that she's so girly but snores and barks in her sleep.
9) I love that she can get her needs met so easily--especially with men.
10) I love that she's growing old gracefully. She doesn't care that she's not as young as she once was and she's never worried about how she looks.
11) I love that she knows exactly what she wants and if you don't know, she'll patiently show you. Just follow her lead.
12) I love that she's a hound, loves old nasty burrito wrappers she finds in the alley, rolls in dog poo occasionally, and hates squirrels as much as I do.
13) I love the "paint brush" tip at the end of her tail and the swirls on either side of her behind.
14) I love that she's so funny. Her facial expressions are the bomb and she knows she's funny.
15) I love that she's honest about her fears.
16) I love all the "knobs" on her. She has fatty tumors (lipomas) all over her and I pretend like they're door bells and ring them, gently.
17) I love that I can tell when she's lying.
18) I love that she gives more love than she could ever take.
I love that my love for her is endless....she's my Sis.