Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Beener!!!

Twenty nine years ago, at 5:09 PM, Benjamin Francis Harris entered this world, and my life has NEVER been the same.  Never mind I felt like I already knew him, from the minute I saw his face in the delivery room mirror, I knew he had a lock on my heart.  (I watched my C-section in the mirror because I wanted to see him delivered.)  I had not gotten to see Brian delivered(C-section) and I was determined not to miss this moment with Benji.  My doctor thought I was nuts but said" if you can figure out how to do it, fine by me," so I did.  

I can still see Benji's head poking out through my...OK...I won't get graphic...and thinking he was the cutest thing I'd ever seen.  I had originally thought he was a girl because he just seemed so familiar, but this first glance immediately confirmed what he had already "telegraphed" to me a few minutes before delivery, and that was "I'm a boy".  He was wide awake, red as a beet, with the most beautiful copper penny hair I'd ever seen.  I was 100% smitten and still am to this day.  Every old crow thinks her baby's the blackest.  Guilty as charged.

To say that he's been fun is an understatement.  With Benji, there's just always some kind of hilarity going on.  Ask Andrea.  She knows.  I've never quite figured out if he makes things funny or if funny stuff just happens to him.  The things that have happened to him (or things he's chosen to do) are just priceless.  Turkish bath?  Chase and catch a donkey for $$?  Drag a burning effigy behind your car?  I'll stop there because some I can print, others not so much.  His friends know loads more and what I don't know, I don't need to know.
                                                   
Happy Birthday to my baby boy, Benji!  

P. S.  Brian's birthday is in November.  So is Andrea's.  :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment