Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Quiet Sunday

Goooood, Lord...  I am just back from a Sam's run and a drop off to mom, and it's hotter than seven shades of hell outside.  Sis has just come in post squirrel hunt and is flopped on the kitchen floor in an attempt to cool down that hot black suit of hers.  In fact, it's too damn hot for clothes, period.  Dog or otherwise.

I always have fun at Sam's.  It's a sickness I have.  I love the people watching, looking at all the stuff, and even though some of their food is grrrrrrrrross, there's a lot of other things that are exactly what I need when I need it.  And did I mention the little kids?   Two little sisters were attempting to decide on their Halloween costumes and all I could do was laugh.  Dang...it's only September first.

 Since it's pretty much one stop shopping, it was my go-to this afternoon for Neutrogena Rainbath for mom in the girnormous pump container.   We keep it in her shower and it lasts her for quite awhile given that she's so tiny and the container is such a monster.  She has used it for as long as I can remember and I found out that sometimes her Hospice lady shampoos her hair with it too (?) on days she's not having her hair done.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to be used for shampoo but I can guarantee you mom has had a LOT WORSE things put on her hair than this, and so who cares.  I sure don't.  She's clean and fresh.  That's all I care about.

She also needed some new soft shirts and little cardi's  for Fall (see how trendy my style vocab is) and I struck gold in the soft and cheapo department.  Mom would probably have croaked earlier in her life to be styling a la Sam's but these days she just wants to be comfortable.  The shirts and cardi's I found are soft as a baby's blanket and even though I already know the laundry at the Plaza will torture them, I. don't. care.  The laundry tortures EVERYTHING so I'll just toss them out when she looks all bag lady and get more.  Done and done.

I'm feeling nappish right about now so I may just indulge myself and go crawl in my cool fresh bed.  Happy napping.




No comments:

Post a Comment