Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 4, 2013

What's on your list?

This morning one of the readers I read everyday had a great suggestion.  It was around thoughts or ideas (dreams) of things you'd really like to do but have either forgotten or shoved to the side.  It suggests making an "I see" list.  I see myself doing A, B, C, etc.  The list can be as long as whatever your desire list is.  Then you ask God for His will around any of it.

I did a similar list after I retired--a bucket list with over 30 things on it and I've done all but two.  Time to get that list back out and update it.  It's so easy to forget what I really want to do, and just do the default stuff.  The stuff that's easy or usual and takes no stretching of me.  I tell myself "don't spend the money, I'm not really sure I want to do that, what if it turns out bad", when I sure as heck am sure I want to do it.  I'm just scared to stick my neck out. 

What if I write a book and 1) nobody buys it  2) I have to self publish it (count on it) 3) .....fill in the  rest of the blanks here.  The hilarious part is, I forget I will still have  written a BOOK.  Who cares if I end up with a pile of them in the garage?  I still did it.

What if I sell my house and move somewhere else and then don't like it?  What if I make a mistake? What then?  Well, you pack up and move again, I guess.  It's like the older gal who went to Medical School because she'd always wanted to be a doctor.  Younger students asked her why she was doing it, at her age?  "You'll be 60 by the time you can practice medicine".  Her response was "Well, I'm going to be 60 anyway...I might as well do something I really want to do". 

'Nuf said.  What's on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment