Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, April 8, 2011

Blocked cell call? What's up with that?

Ever wake up in the morning bone tired?  Man...that's where I am today.  Since I've switched over to half-caff Starbucks every morning, it's taking me twice as long to get going.  I think I'm more emotionally exhausted than physically tired, but really....does it matter?  Tired is just tired, in my book.  I don't care what it's from.

I got a little surprise this morning when I found Benji had called my cell last night and the call had been blocked.  What????  Not only would I not block him, I wouldn't have the foggiest notion of how to block anybody, and according to what I just read on AT&T's site, you can't block cell calls anyway.  So, what gives here??  Just another thing to add to my "I don't get it" list.  The Groom to be was calling to thank me for two books I'd sent him on being a good Groom.  I figured I can't expect him to know what he needs to do, if it's not spelled out for him, and I can sure send the books to him, but it's his call whether he actually reads them or not.  The old "you can lead a horse to water" theory.  I skimmed through both books and I must say they were equal parts good information and horse pucky.  And since Benji is a very smart guy, if he reads them, he can figure out which is which.  Or, he can ask if he's not sure. 

Sis update:  the bad old black girl has been a tad bit under the weather, as her Cushing's disease (adrenals) got out of whack, and she was just not feeling like herself.  A trip to the Vet and some blood work later and she's slowly beginning to feel better.  I swanny....when it rains it pours around here.  She's hinting she'd really like a bath this weekend since, as my walking partner, she's gotten a little "dog sweaty" (and yeah, there IS such a thing) and pollen covered, since she is a "low rider" to the grass.  I may just shove her in the shower with Fred and toss in the dog shampoo......I can always wait on stand by, with puppy towels.  Yep, that's what I'm gonna do.  Those two can just deal with it.

Happy weekend to all and let's all get in some z-z-z-z-z's.....

No comments:

Post a Comment