Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter lunch just blew

OK...it's official.  I have decided what to cook for Easter lunch.  After South Beaching this long for Lent, nothing really sounds all that great anymore.  Maybe that's the secret to SB--it kills the cells of the cooking /eating part of your brain.  Anyway, I'm going to let myself off for one meal--Easter lunch--and then go right back on.  That ought to really throw my metabolism a curve ball.  The recipe I'm making is Shrimp Risotto with Sweet peas, Leeks and Chervil only since I can never make a recipe the way it actually says to, I'm going to swap chopped basil for the chervil and chopped parsley because I can and I want to.  My basil plants outside the back door are growing at warp speed so a minor haircut won't be a problem at all.  The picture in my cookbook makes me want to just weep it's so beautiful.  I get that way over carbs--especially the bad ones.

The recipe says you could throw in cooked lobster meat in place of the shrimp, and I tremble to think just how spectacular that would taste....or, how many miles it will take to run/walk that off after wards.  OMG.  Or how many Pilates classes...  What a buzz kill.  Here it's almost Easter and now I'm getting seriously afraid to eat something because of what it will mean, post swallow.  And dessert.....are you serious?  I can do one or the other but not both.....the exercise required to work off both would put me in ICU.  I think the solution is, I'm going to have to have legal stuff for lunch--beef, chicken, or fish and vegetables and only a couple of bites of a dessert that will not compromise the tonnage I have already lost.  Or, dare I eat a SB dessert??  That's just sooo sensible and sooo not me.  Crap.
I guess it beats the alternative, though....


No comments:

Post a Comment