Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This and that

I thought our end of the block might have a slight chance to crawl out of the dullness category Sunday night when the Emperor, our neighbor on the corner, appeared to be having a Tiki Bar party, complete with Tiki totem poles on either side of his front door, and a flashing Tiki Bar sign on his house, next to the front door.  Strands of colored lights were strung all over their backyard--we could see them from our house--and Katy Perry and Cee Lo Green were wailing from their backyard sound system.  I was impressed until I realized it was a party for their daughter, who is graduating from HP.  Wah, wah.  I don't think there was any alcohol simply because both parents were right there, highly visible, and are both attorneys.  And, I didn't hear or see any drunk kids.  Once the thunder and lightening started, the party went inside and that was that.  No more street football, no more running around in the mean old bag's front yard, and no more music, so I'm thinking the mean old bag called to complain.  What a buzzkill.  So much for our end of the block.  We suck again.

On a different note, yesterday I ran to get my scones mixes for Friday's Royal wedding celebration.  And, yes, I'm going with mixes because they are easier and, well..... I just am.  I'll make some Thursday PM to run over to my friend's house who is hosting the Wedding Watch party, so she can warm them and have them ready Friday morning, for the 4AM watchers.  I plan to do the wedding watch at home beginning at 4AM and then sail over to her house about 6:15ish, while Wills and Kate are clip clopping their way to way back to Buck Palace.  Since my friend lives a whopping 1-2 minutes from me, I won't miss anything except a few shots of the south end of some royal carriage horses, and I can live with that.  I may invite Sis to watch with me, but not Fred.  He'll want to talk....and talk....and talk.....or he'll ask too many questions or have comments...."who is that"...."that hat is terrible"...who's that old guy"... or do a running commentary.  Nuh huh.  Watching with me is by invitation only.  Sorry, Fred. :)

2 comments:

  1. Today's DMN Guide section has Prince Willie's groom's cake recipe. Hope one of you wedding-watchers makes it and gives a review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that...Man, did it look good, too!

    ReplyDelete