Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fat old dogs

Good news...at least for me.  I survived my very first one on one Pilates class and can still walk and talk. Frankly, I loved it.  It's hard as hell but its fun, and I especially loved the stretching stuff.  From what I hear, it gets pretty addictive because it makes you feel so good.  I could deal with that.

Sitting here drinking my coffee this morning, I saw a big old fat beagle out for a walk with it's owner--an older lady with the patience of Job.  Old Fatty dog decided our yard was official "break time" and proceeded to lie down in the grass by the Parkway, and rest.  His mother waited....and waited...and waited on him.  He rested, lolled back and grabbed a small branch beside him, then chewed it a little...then played with it...then decided he'd like to take it home.  Watching him try to lumber to his feet, gripping that large branch with his teeth, was hilarious.  It was like watching a fat lady try to get up out of a snug chair.  All the while, his owner was the picture of patience and just let him enjoy himself. 

And speaking of dogs, someone had a rough evening and night, last night, and I couldn't be more delighted.  It seems Fred left a bag of (South Beach approved) popcorn, in a zip lock bag on the table beside the two chairs in the TV room, while we went to dinner.  Let's just say it wasn't even a challenge for a fat girl dog to hop right up into one of the chairs, snag the bag, rip it open and eat every... last... piece.  And then barf it all up--on the rug in the den, several times.  Fred acted all "surprised" when we got home and found the mess.  Really??  Have you met her??

No comments:

Post a Comment