Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, April 7, 2011

God'sTermites

Man, oh, man...what a week.  Mom has termites in her bedroom and though they've treated to kill them, it takes about 2 weeks for them to all die.  Nice.  Luckily they did not swarm--not that I think mom would even have noticed.  I happened to see them and that's how we got them taken care of in the first place.  Unfortunately, I've had previous experience with them.  Nasty.

As mom continues to need more help, we are looking at changing her over to a different unit--one that provides more assistance-- and that's where my sister and I were this afternoon.  I had already toured it on Tuesday, but wanted to be there to support her, since the last time we saw it, be both almost cried.  They have freshened everything up and its now lighter and brighter--a huge plus in my book.  Although my sister came in a tiny bit resistant, after listening to all they told us, and having me tell her what I know about mom, since I'm there a lot, after touring, she was totally on board.  I knew she would be.  She's very reasonable and level headed unless she 1) gets backed into a corner  2) gets really scared  3) feels threatened or pushed into making a decision she's not ready to make.  Dang....I think that makes her just like the rest of the world then, doesn't it?  You try to push or make me do something I'm not ready to do, and if I'm afraid, I will plant my feet and not budge.  I can be a real mule when someone tries to push or manipulate me, so I'm not thinking anybody else would enjoy it either. 

IF there's anything funny in this latest move, here it is.  When we first moved mom, it was out of our family home of 50+ years, after a huge upstairs flood.  My sister named it "God's flood" because without it, we'd have never gotten her out of there, and we knew she needed to move.  We both decided God knew how impossible it would be to convince her, so he engineered a pipe break, to help us.  And with this latest move, He's sent termites, or at least that's what we're going to tell her.  Dang.  He's good, isn't He??  And funny, too.   God's Termites.  Maaaaaan.


No comments:

Post a Comment