Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, April 18, 2011

What a weekend!

What a whirl wind of a weekend and loads of fun, packed into 2 days.  Friday night, we left with Sis for two nights at the Farm for some R &R, and with Sis, that's usually sort of iffy considering she has to be by Fred's side 24/7, or she whines, and cries, and then barks at him.  Man, she is high maintenance.  Friday night, we kept seeing a light going back and forth in one of the fields.  And did I mention it was DARK?  By, 10:30pm, Fred and Sis loaded up to go see who it was, and more importantly why?  They arrived to find Fred's middle brother, Neil, discing a field by the full moon, in order to plant something soon, for dove season in the Fall.  At 10:30pm at night??  Can you say nuts?  And how about dangerous??  Anyway, he was back to finish up Sat. after driving all the way back home Friday night.  Don't even ask me why he didn't spend the night...again, I am clueless.  I guess we can chalk that up to straight up Harrisness.  Meanwhile, since there were no gunshots fired, I snoozed right through it all.  Even if there had been gunshots, I'd have probably slept through them anyway.

Though the wind was crazy Friday night, by Saturday, it was purrrrfect.  Just enough of a breeze to stir the air and keep things cool.  If I'd had one of those old timey clothes lines, I'd have washed everything in the house, to hang outside to dry in the sun and the breeze.  OOOO, la la.....fresh smell.  Sis was in her element and ate half a brim Fred caught in the tank, and threw on the bank.  Nothing says lovin' like a dog with fish breath.  No telling what else she ate--I've given up worrying about that. 

I got in my daily walk Saturday before it warmed up, so that was really refreshing.  I went from the house all the way back to the back gate in the back pasture, back to the house, past it, and all the way to the front gate, and back.  Once back near the house, I realized the horses were either too dumb or lazy to walk all the way back around from the pasture they were in, and were thirsty, so I opened the gate and watched them walk single file, to the horse trough.  They slurped and swished for quite a while before ambling off to graze again.  I love to hear them make that guzzling sound down their throats....it's just such a thirst quenching sound.

Saturday night, we ate dinner outside and then watched the sun set...streaks of pink and blue sky and a bright reddish sun sinking down past the trees.  Not a word, not a peep....totally silent.  Later, the frogs started up, a little bit, since they are really small, and can't make a lot of noise.  Doors open, breeze blowing through....pure heaven, or at least that's how I envision it anyway.

Stay tuned for part 2.  Lots more to tell.  A quick shot of Sis, fishin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment