Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Royal Wedding

At the risk of alienating my Followers and a few lurkers, I'm going to come right out and admit, I received an invitation to the Royal wedding.  Yep....I did.  Never mind that it was actually an email requesting my presence to view the wedding with what will most likely be a gaggle of gals at my friend's house, in pj's, beginning around 5am on Friday, April 29th, but I am counting that as a Royal invitation.

  Now, truthfully, I have some concerns...will talking be allowed because with a gaggle of women, you know there's gonna be some serious gabbing, commenting, opinion giving (the dress is killer...the dress sucks...the Queen looks like she has the throne up her dress...etc.) and should this interrupt my veddy, veddy, serious viewing, I'll either have to exit, or go find another TV.  You know how it is with a group of women...suddenly it sounds like sunrise on the guinea farm, and the windows are rattling, from all the screeching.  I'm sure all the comments would be hilarious but what you have to understand is, gals, this is a wedding, and a Royal one at that.  You wouldn't be yakking in Westminster Abbey so don't do it here--commercials are a free for all--knock yourself out--but shut up when we go back to air time. Eating is fine.  And I am fine with coffee or tea.  It's just that talking thing that has me feeling iffy.

Now, lest you think I am not easy going about some things, and just a tad controlling...well, duh....have you met me??  As an admitted Anglophile, this isn't just TV for me--this is ME--I am in that white dress looking all gorgeous, and never mind that Kate's brunette and all skinny--I can let that those little details slide.  Just button it up because I need to concentrate.  I have to say all those tricky vows with William's 52 full names, and an entire world watching.  Honey, that's pressure, so shut up and let me get this right.  Jeeze....I'm already getting sweaty palms. I may need to stay home.  :)



2 comments:

  1. I am so envious that you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...it's going to be a hoot! I watched the last 2 Royal weddings and we know how crummy those turned out. Divorce City. Hope this one is a happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete