Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Andrea Gonzalez Photography

There's someone I've never blogged about but I just have to.  This woman is just too fabulous to keep under wraps one more second and never mind she's my DIL (daughter-in-law), Andrea--that's not why I'm blogging about her.  It's because she's an incredible photographer.  She's soooo good, I'm not really sure she knows how good she is.  But she is.  I was on FB earlier and never mind I've seen lots of shots of Benji's band before.  This was different.  This was a CD cover, easy.   As outstanding as some of her other group shots have been, this one was just superb. It was of one person, and a woman, and was GORGEOUS. Really sexy in a down home way -- (it also doesn't hurt your shot at all when the woman you are shooting looks like (and is) Aubrey freaking Collins)-- but that's not the point.  The shot was just a killer.  (I almost put it here but since I had not asked permission and it didn't have her tag at the bottom, you're just gonna have to gnaw your gums wondering what it looks like.)  Or, look at it on this same FB page, dee-duh. 

I think her shooting and shot set up is totally instinctive.  She's artistic as all get out and it comes through in her photos.  Now by artistic I don't mean they're weird or edgy...or gross.  They're just full of shadows and light and interesting backgrounds that have texture.  Places and people that make you think you'd like to see more.  I've only seen some of her shots of  Scarletta, so I'm hoping she's going to branch out.  I'd love, love, love to see what she might do with newborns.   Or kids.  Or families.  Or brides.  Oooo, yeah.  And  head shots or even fashion shots.  OMG...she could do any of that, I bet.  And did I mention she's smart?  Yep, she is, and if you could see the wedding she put together in Capri, from Nashville, you would just drop... your.... load.
Wow...she is just something else.  Me is soooo lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment