Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's not even noon yet and already so much has happened.  First, Finley, Hudson and the girl's dog, brought a squirrel into the house that "Eee-ya" , better known as Lydia (housekeeper), thought was a toy until Fin put it down, and it took off running.  This was on Thursday before she left for the day.  She tried to explain to Hud's dad what had happened, but I'm thinking there was a little issue with her Spanglish and he remained pretty clueless.  Anywho, on Friday, the dearly departed squirrel was found in Hadley's bed, having either smothered, or died from internal injuries inflicted by that murderous MaltiPoo, Fin.  Let me just say this:  since Fin's not much bigger than a squirrel herself, although loads cuter, I'm thinking it was a pretty fair fight.  Here's the picture and OMG is all I can say.  (Sorry it's flipped on it's side--it's so wide it won't display it normally.)  The following is the squirrel removal by their neighbor, since Nic doesn't do squirrel removal and, honey, I don't think I do, either.  There's just never a dull moment anymore.

Then last night was the kick off to the next family wedding since one of Benji's cousin's on the Harris side got engaged, and her mom and dad threw an engagement partay, on the sly.  Yeah, baby.....here we go again.  As the youngest of Neil's girl's, I'm thinking wedding planning for Kelly goes into high gear yesterday, and I'm also predicting lots of hunting trips by Neil to the Ranch, to avoid what is likely to be a boat load of estrogen over the next several months.  No word on a date yet so stay tuned.  All I can say is I hope they have one tenth as much fun planning and having this one, as we did with Andrea and Benji's.  That bar's up pretty high, though.

Crashman Harris is officially vacating the Harris Hilton this weekend for an apartment of his choosing farther north and closer to work.  Although I will miss his bright and shiny face and hilarious one liners, it's time to reclaim our space and be able to walk around in your underwear, if you want.  I'm talking about me here--the other two walk around in theirs all the time.  It's like their uniform.  Sis and me?  Not so much.

That's it so far.  Heaven knows what else will happen this weekend.  Happy weekend to all!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. A dead squirrel in the house and a wedding to plan...I'm having deja vu. ;)
    Love it, and congrats to Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I'd forgotten about that!! You are so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete