Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday

Computers.  Why do they have to be such a pain in the butt sometimes?  I went online to order some things for Thanksgiving on a particular website.  I entered all my information to set up an "account".  Fine.  Now the damn thing wants to send me what I ordered, even though the place is here in Dallas, and I clicked the "will pick it up" button (about 3, 000 times-- and counting).   So I figured when the computer fails, I just pick up the phone and order, right?  Well, not so much.  At least not until the lady who takes orders comes in at 11 AM.  Well, la ti da.  Even after closing out and logging off the whole order and then going back in, I still got the same thing.  Fagedoubit.  I'm calling at eleven.

I am sad to note that Andy Rooney, the rumpled curmudgeon on Sixty Minutes has died after complications from an undisclosed surgery.  I always thought he was hilarious, though he did always make me want to comb and trim, his eyebrows.  I guess at 92, that was the least of his worries.

Last night after two stops for new, warm, clothes for mom, my sister and I finally smartened up together by phone, and I went online looking for clothes for the elderly.  You know... the "adaptive" kind.... easy in and out kind that are comfy, and not totally heinous looking.  This purple pair had a 20 inch zipper on both sides for easy dressing, and they have all kinds of other stuff.  Boy, I never pictured myself shopping for this kind of stuff.  Egads.

  I think I've found a winner at Buck and Buck--it even has stuff for "undressers".  OMG.  Thank heavens that's not mom's deal, yet.  My sister-in-law, Margie, told me a hilarious story about a lady whose daughter got a call one day from the nursing home where her mom was living.  It appears the mom had been found sitting naked as a jaybird, in some man's room at the nursing home.  Always the lady, at least she had her legs together.

Happy weekend to all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment