Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, November 4, 2011

The power of laughter

Out front of our house, there is a place next to our curb where water collects.  It drives our neighbor, Buz, crazy but he doesn't get to see what I get to see, as a result of it.  Right now, there are tons of birds, flapping and bathing in that cold dirty water, and loving it.  From where I'm sitting, I can't see the birds as much as the water droplets flying everywhere.  The birds are down below the curb level so they are tough to see.  After their curbside bath, they dine a la' front yard, on what ever bugs and seeds are available in the grass.  Sort of like we do....clean up to go out to dinner or breakfast...as the case may be.  OK...that was a stretch, but what ever.

The latest on mom is, the nurse manager thinks mom could possibly have Parkinson's.  She says mom's sudden inability to walk could be a part of that, if mom has it.  She's discussed this possibility with the PA (physician's assistant) and he's not on board with the idea.  Frankly, at first neither was I, but now I'm willing to think she may be on to something.  Mom doesn't have the traditional shakes all the times but she does shake some and I'm beginning to see it more.  That said, I'd be willing to try a trial of Parkinson's meds for mom and see if it helps her.  I asked Diana (nurse manager) to tell Martin, the (PA) that I wanted to check this out and she laughed.  She said she's waiting for Martin to decide this is HIS idea, therefore it's worth checking out.  The age old manipulation of men....make the suggestion and watch them balk.  Wait for them to "get it" and think it's their idea, and it's a done deal.  Yes, I can enter in here and request it, but for now, this is loads more fun. Waiting to see how long Martin can hold out....tick...tick...tick.

Mom's not going anywhere.  Martin may even be correct.  Never mind he only seems mom occasionally and Diana sees her several times a day-- but he may be.  I'm going to give him until the middle of next week to come around and if he doesn't, I'll give him my two cents worth or go over his head.  But in the meantime, Diana and I can't even make eye contact without laughing.  And in a painful situation like this, you take the laughs where you can find them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment