Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ahhhh....November

Bulletin:  Halloween wrap up.  The candy I thought I might have w-a-y over bought, held out, and we have some left in the basket for this week's TV watching.  We had one near fatality on the front porch.  Our neighbors one house away have four kids--3 girls and the youngest is a boy.  God love him...he really tries to keep up with those girls and they always out walk, out talk, out think him, and he's left in the dirt.  All I can say is "Baby...watch and learn."

They all hit the front porch last night, rang the door bell and the youngest one tipped over into our mail basket, bonked his head on the wall, and exploded into tears.  I'm sure the rest of the trick or treaters wondered what in the world we were handing out.  Fred did his best to calm him down with candy, but he wasn't buying it.  One little Hispanic boy had on a Scream mask and told Fred to "look at my face", as he made blood run down it.  Guy gore....it starts sooo early.  The rest of the evening was uneventful, though our trick or treaters seemed to come a lot later this year. 

This morning with my coffee, I decided I needed to make a gratitude list, as it always makes me feel great any day I am willing to do it.  If I wake up grumpy (me?) or in a funk, as my mother used to say, it gets me back on track.  If you do it every day, you'll feel so good you won't be able to stand yourself.  :)

Happy November 1 and onward towards Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment