Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back to Real Life

Whew......Now I think I know how astronauts must feel upon re-entering the Earth's atmosphere.  The G-forces are definitely pulling on me.  No sooner did we get home but there was the shooting at UT, and Farm projects kicked right back into high gear.  Full on pedal to the metal.  Since we are having a party in two weeks for one of the cousins who is getting married, dock repair, Barn repair and painting, little house repairs, tree trimming, and a new big flat screen installed, all are in the process of happening, thanks to Fred.  We will go back up this weekend, with our assistants, Wig and Sis, to oversee and work.  I may take my gardening gloves and finish pulling any weeds that have cropped back up since my last overhaul and layer on some mulch.  I just don't do weeds.  They.... drive..... me.... nuts.  Just not the look we are going for, thank you very much.

I think the Wigman may either have allergies or a cold--his bark is a little hoarse--but very manly.  It's still monotone--one note over and over and over--but I'll take it.  It just means he's still here and kicking.  He is asleep in his dog bed right under my desk so things must be good in his world.  I just heard a delicious leisurely moan, so he must be dreaming.  He's already had some of my cinnamon raisin swirl toast, with butter, so no wonder he's happy.

  I decided while we were in Colorado, that this year I'm going to do my Thanksgiving turkey, a la Egg.  I'm not going to smoke it--I just want to cook it on my Egg, and see how it turns out.  So, next on my list is researching that.  I'm going to brine mine again since that makes for the most juicy turkey ever.  I can't wait to pull out my Big Green Egg Cookbook (thank you, Adre') and get busy reading.  I got gourds and little white pumpkins for inside, yesterday, but am going to hold off on outside pumpkins for awhile.  The High school age boys in my neighborhood just love to get drunk on the weekends, and smash pumpkins.  As the mother of two grown men/boys, I know better than to point the finger...mine have surely done lots worse.  And, no, I don't want to know.

Just a reminder to those that do flu shots--it's a good idea to wait until at least October to get one so it protects you during the height of flu season.  If you've already gotten one, no big deal.  At least you are organized.

Just a little slice of  Heaven, no?  This is from Snowmass.













1 comment:

  1. Phillip's uncle in Atlanta is a BIG egghead. I think he cooks 4 meals a week on the BGE. He has convinced Phillip that we need one, as well...Christmas present, I'm thinking. Anyway, I am SURE he has cooked a turkey on the BGE, and I know he submits to some Egghead blob or site. If you get stuck, let me know and I will get you in contact. Can't wait to see the updates at the farm. :) Thanks for all of your hard work! Oh, and Bruce's...

    ReplyDelete