Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Squirrel Cage Brain

Geeeze....my brain is going at warp speed with all of the things I'd like to do or be doing.  I'm thinking a magic wand would be really handy about right now so I could just flick my wrist and it would all be done.  Yeah, well.
My planter in the backyard, filled to over flowing-- "fluffy"-- with sweet potato vine, I moved to the front porch a week or so before we left town, for some front porch color.  I had yanked up the potted caladiums, so something needed to go there.  Then, one of the hanging baskets needed a little R&R out of the brutal sun, so I put it there as well.  Voila'...instant color--problem solved, or so I thought.  I noticed the sweet potato vine was beginning to look sick a few days before we left with some webbing like stuff on it, and by the time we got back, it was DOA.  I don't know what bugs got it, but I sure hope they enjoyed it.  Short of a burr haircut and some bug spray, this may be more trouble than it's worth trying to coach it back to life.  I may just cut to the chase & and go buy new stuff---  forget the plant ICU.
  Yesterday, I had a moment and went nuts with Mary (my neighbor's) electric hedge trimmers. I finally just pulled all the Asian Jasmine off the house wall on the  driveway side.  I started trimming, but then the over growth just started  peeling off the wall in a big sheet, so I went with that.  It looks great-- now I have to go clean it all up.  I hate that part.  Then I'm hitting the back yard.

And I want to bake, do errands, make a quiche, bathe the dogs, wash their dog beds, and clean the baseboards.  Why??  Hell...I don't know...maybe because it's Fall.  Perhaps what I really need to do is take a nap, and think about it.  All of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment