Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Benner--Happy b-day

Twenty six years ago today, a little "round faced pumpkin boy" was born at Baylor hospital, at 5:09 PM, and it was another of the best days of my life.  Wooo Hoo, Benji!  Happy B-day, baby boy.  We love you.  While he was home last week, we were discussing the state of his hair, since as part dirty rocker, part C&W singer, his hair was somewhere in between.  I attempted to play stylist--always fun with sons--and it was clear that in order to get some cheek definition (ie. skinnier looking face), he needed to head to his hair stylist in Nash, and cut more layers in his hair.  Now while Steve, Dallas and Bruce, my only male followers are gagging over mother and son playing Beauty Parlor, I have to say it was a hoot.  Even Benji had fun.  I put some of my hair "products" in--a little of this and a little of that-- and it's just a really good thing there were no scissors nearby or I might not be alive today.  And watching a guy primp in front of a mirror??  Priceless.

Anyway, Benji said they (the trio) were told to get in super shape for their upcoming publicity and he was worried that his face was too round.  Always the supportive mother, I proceeded to dissolve into a puddle, laughing my brains out.  I told him if anybody--producer, manager, whatever--thought he could reduce or change the shape of his face, to..... give..... me.... a..... call.  He's been a "round faced pumpkin boy" since I saw him half way out during my C-section, in the delivery mirror, (yeah...I really did watch my c-section) and he looks exactly the same today.  We both ended up laughing our heads off over the lunacy of  such a thought.  Are there a few tricks to make your face look more angular and defined?  Oh, hell, yes.  Women do it every day-- but unless you want to wear bronzer (and maybe some war paint), just cut your hair to make your face LOOK more narrow.  Case closed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment