Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Grotto

Man, oh,man...this town is filling up due to the Fall leaf color.  On one of our treks today, we went past the backside of the airport and I've never seen so many private jets all lined up, coming in for all the beauty.  I'm betting there were at least 25-30 jets, and that's about double from earlier this week.  More fun facts??  It seems over twenty of the worlds top art collectors have homes here either in Snowmass or down the road in Aspen, and you can just feel the style quotient amping up, with all that moola hitting town. 

I've never seen a Friday afternoon start so early but this place was kicking back all over town, by about 1-2pm, -- and it was actually kind of nice.  You could just tell people were ready to relax.  And I'm not talking about a bunch of partying.....it was more just people talking and laughing together, and being nice to each other.  I ran in Amen Wardy for a couple of quick gifts, and didn't want to leave.  Not only was the service great, but there were just too many fun people and beee-u--ti--ful things.   One man who worked there could have sold me my own purse ten times, he was that good.  I saw a lady walk in and tell him she needed a "nothing gift", (read inexpensive) for a couple, and he walked straight over to a set of inexpensive cheese knives that were fabulous, and she whooped.  She told her husband she always just tells them how much she wants to spend and what the gift is for-- then they walk around and choose things for her and she's always happy, and the gift is  always perfect.  Love that.  Too bad their Dallas store closed.

Today we did a short hike to The Grotto, with two waterfalls, and ice caves below the rocks where we were standing.  I got Bruce to take a picture of me to prove to our boys that I was actually on a trail, and not in a store.  I am about a half to a one hanky hiker, so if it's straight up hill, let me know how it was, when you get back.  No thank ya.  Today's hike was barely even a half a hanky hike, so I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Tomorrow, Bruce is planing to fish again, and then we are heading down the road to a glass blower, an art opening, and dinner.  Ohhhh....I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment