Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A cool front last night

After the rain stopped yesterday, we hopped in the car and headed down the highway to Basalt, a tiny little town about 15 miles away.  Cutest... town... ever.  While Fred fishes today, I'm going back, and then on down a little further to Glenwood Springs.  Way too many places left for me to discover--especially a furniture store in Glenwood that I saw in a magazine.  Art, antiques, and no Prada, thank you very much.  Then we'll head up to Maroon Bells late this afternoon for some photography, and more nature and Fall color.

Real life has intruded somewhat in that a close friend is having a double mastectomy right now and she is just never far from my thoughts.  She is in great hands and will do fine but I just hate that powerlessness feeling.  Thankfully, hers was caught early but the nurse in me just never gets too far away from my scrubs and clogs.  Not like I can do anything but I can sure spiritually suit up, and send LOTS of prayers her way, and I have.  I'm not in the results business but God is, thank goodness.  Sometimes if I just write worries here and get them out of my head, I feel better.

The sun is out, it's in the 50's again, and a crackling fire is already going....ahhh...... pyromania is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment