Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sunny and cool

OOOOO, la la!!  I'm sipping my coffee with the balcony door wide open and cool air pouring in.  Last night, we drove over to Aspen to piddle, shop, and eat dinner.  Since my stomach is still on Dallas time, I just feed it when it's hungry (duh), so by the time we got to Mezzaluna, it was almost 6:30pm Dallas time.  Unbeknownst to us, it was also happy hour and three pizza's were included at half price, for the next few minutes.  We had to pull the trigger fast-- so we did.  Fine by me since Aspen prices are pretty inflated.  The pizzas DID NOT disappoint and we brought some home with us.  The veggie pesto was my personal fav and is calling me right now from the refrige.  I'm not giving in--too college, cold pizza for breakfast.  Please....who am I kidding.....I'd still eat it in a heartbeat.

Fred is gathering all his fly fishing gear together for his guided fishing soiree in a little while.  His waders are hanging on a coat hook by the front door, and almost look like a person.  Kind of creepy.  Since he's not familiar with the area, a guided trip is the way to go for a first outing.  I just turned around and caught him putting on his waders, over his pj's, and slipping his wading boots on, for a test run.  You had to see it to believe it.

We have found an older dog friend one level below us who comes out to sit on the balcony.  He/she appears to be a golden retriever and while we thought maybe he/she was deaf at first, we got a tail wag this morning with our greeting vs a blank stare yesterday.  Of course, yesterday, we were strangers.  Now we are friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment