Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wowser

You can sure tell the season is changing....this week has been  non stop runnin' and gunnin' --and it's been a short one.  A longer week might have killed me.  Yesterday was an attempt to drown both Mary, my neighbor, and myself, on our outing to visit The Forum.  I offered last week to take her and yesterday was the day I could do it.  I kept praying she'd call and say the weather was too bad, but oh, hell no.  I figured if she wanted to go that bad, by gosh we were going, and it was actually kind of fun, if you think getting wet and walking yourself to death are fun.  We looked at several places and were able to identify one floor plan she really liked, and between the two of us, asked every possible question known to mankind.  We got her all the brochures, recommended movers, cleaner-outer people, plan your space and move you in folks, so now it's her kids ball.  It's time for me to bow out.  Mary had no idea all those people were even available and while she knows the services aren't free, you could just see her relax, knowing she doesn't have to do it all herself.  Or burden her kids with it.  Amen.

Today was fun "girl day" with some other ladies I didn't know well, but after yesterday's set up and today's Fall Fashion Show, and tear down, I feel like a have a new group of gal pals.  Women can just be so neat....smart women that is, and these were.  I used to think I just liked professional women.  Not so, Kemosabe.  I like capable women-- ones with a lot of life experience.  The ones you can learn from and know how to do everything--- and make it all look easy.  The ones that aren't into competition and just love to share whatever they know, and to teach nimrods like me how to do it, too.  I admire the hell out of women --certain women--who just have that unshakable sense of fun, coupled with a "can do, hell yes" attitude, that are creative down to their cuticles.  Now that's my kind of mentor.

Tomorrow baby Benji, Mr. NashTown, arrives around noon at DFW with GF, Andrea, in tow.  She is the cutest gal ever so it's a toss up who will get a hug first.  They will be here through Monday so I'm trying to steel myself for the birthday carnage that's likely to happen.  I guess I should recognize it since it's exactly what I used to do, birthday or otherwise.  When I lived in Austin and came home for the weekend, I used to strafe Northpark, and then the drugstore, stock up, throw everything in the trunk, and head back to Austin on Sunday, before the bills hit my dad's desk.  No wonder this sounds so familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment