Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, September 13, 2010

Manipulation

Wow....doesn't it just make you want to snatch someone bald-headed when they try, repeatedly, to get you to do what it is they want you to do, even after you've said "no thanks"?  The more miles I get on my chassis, the more aware I am when it comes to manipulation--even my own.  Both of the boys know to call me on my stuff immediately and I don't get to round on them, make it all about them, and get mad.  I have to stop and honestly take a look at what I've just said or done, and see if they are on target, and they always are.  Then it's my job to clean up the toxic spill and set things right.  Same deal with Fred....only now he just says "manipulation" and I start laughing.  Crap.  Busted again.  And ditto me to him.

With this sort of open door policy with the four of us in our family, it makes dealing with other people rough sometimes.  My sarcasm meter immediately ramps up and I have to bite back everything my mouth is just itching to say.  And body language....oh, Lordy.  It's best if I just roll into a ball or exit because what I'm not saying, is shooting out all over me in clearly readable language--even my hair gets into it.  The hip toss, the eyebrow, the necktitude--it's all there.

Trying to manipulate someone else is so disrespectful and arrogant.  In a sense, what I am telling someone is, they don't know what is best for them, but that I do.   And if you are secretly saying to yourself "Well, I do know what's best for them!", get help.  You don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment