Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, September 12, 2010

This and that....

Yesterday at the Vet,  I slipped and called Sis, Meatball, in front of the Vet Tech and then corrected myself to "Double Meatball", after Sis got off the scale.  We were in our doggie room waiting for the Vet when I heard a burst of laughter and the Vet opened the door asking to see "Meatball".  Poor Sis ran and hid under one of the plastic chairs.  She has to go in tomorrow for a test to confirm what they suspect is Cushing's disease--adrenals in turbo mode.  She gets to spend all day there for two blood draws 4 hours apart.  Since we are heading out of town for a week next Sunday, I want to be sure she's on med's before we leave and feeling OK. 

This weekend there was the big Sanger Sellabration on Saturday, around the square.  There was a big BBQ cooking competition but most of it was all over by the time I got there.  I have never seen so many enormous smokers in my life and trucks to pull them.  Some folks were really serious about the competition and had come on Friday.  They had their easy up shades, trailers, music, coolers, tables and chairs--the works.  I never did find out who won--the guy I asked said he'd gotten forth in brisket and sixth in ribs.  Forget him.  I'm looking for who won.

The cleaning people turned out to be good cleaners and real characters, so what could have been miserable turned out to be fine.  Shirley is the owner and did the least amount of work, I guess because she's the owner.  She couldn't come today so Rick and "Shirl" met me up there this morning.  I say "Shirl" because that's how she said her name.  I couldn't tell if it was Cheryl or Sheryl or Shirl, so I just said it like she did.  Countreeeeeeee.  Rick would have benefited greatly from a shower this morning but since we didn't hire him to smell good, oh, well.  He was as nice as could be and as hooked on sugar as anybody I have ever seen--even Fred.  He had leaded Dr. Pepper's in the fridge and a sack full of chocolate candy--for lunch---and back stock in full view in his car.  Hoooooly.......made my teeth hurt.  They have to come back on Tuesday to finish up the little house as this has turned into the never ending cleaning saga.  Fine by me.  Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment