Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Office Depot and God? Who kew?

I've been hunting for something to use as a God Box for several weeks and nothing seemed to be quite "it".  For those who don't know what a God Box is, its any box you want to use (think sort of a mailbox) where you can put slips of paper (or pages) of things you'd like to let go of, and give to God.  As in permanently.  The object is not to take the top off the box and take stuff back.  You leave it there.  Ultimately, you can take the top off and read all the stuff you gave God and see how it all worked out but not for a l-o-n-g time since God's time and yours may be radically different.  It usually is in my case.

This morning I needed to add some paper to the printer and voila', a Office Depot copy paper box--- with a big ol' Office Depot written in red all over it.  Admittedly, it's not fancy but I'm free to make it all beautiful if I want--quit laughing....I know you know I'm not gonna, but I just had to leave the door open for the artists in the group.  Anyway, I'm going to cut a mail slot in the top and I'm in bid'ness.  At first I wondered for a second if God would be offended by my lowly God box......I mean was it good enough??? And then I started laughing.  Seriously....you think maybe he's got bigger stuff going on than to take offense at my box??  He doesn't give a rats fanny what my box looks like...He just me wants me to use it.  The more I look at my "spiritual mailbox", the more I like it.  It's just soooo me.

No comments:

Post a Comment