Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wig and Sis

I'm gonna go ahead and out myself, since I'm all about honesty---I have texted our critter sitter, once, to check on Wigman and The Sis.  I'm trying to restrain myself and enjoy my time off dog duty but I had to know. She said she thought they missed us, and Fred immediately rolled his eyes.  I bet they do, since both are rotten stinky spoiled--all done by us.  We've been able to get a dog fix from several of the pups in town and around here, so we are good.  I even checked out the Aspen pet store yesterday and it's self service dog wash.  Yes, to the idea of a clean dog; no to taking it outside in the cold, even after drying it.  Brrr.

I found some of the most fabulous purses in Amen Wardy that if I was Lady Astor, I would have snapped up in a heartbeat.  They were small evening purses ( I know...how often does anybody use those?) but I still wanted all of them.  Or, at least several, since they were just so damn neat.  AB, Nic, & Fern, you all would have freaked over them.

Last night, we cooked steaks out on the balcony and when we finished, I thought Fred was throwing a few bites off the balcony to any lucky pup that might stroll by.  Wellllllll....that was the intent, however, he did not count on  birds eating the scraps.  And these were enormous birds--and loud.  This pic makes them look normal size--they're not.  They're fat and big.--probably from all the steak bites.  He's still kind of pissed his local dog friends didn't get to enjoy his largess, but those were some lucky mountain birds. 

OK..out to the deck to finish my coffee and enjoy all God's work.  Maaaaan, He does great work, no?





No comments:

Post a Comment