Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You better sit down.....

Just when I thought I'd almost seen it all, I got an email yesterday that blew my scrubs off.  A lawsuit my siblings and I have been involved in and have been waiting for a ruling on, we found out was actually decided and signed off on---in JUNE--but neither side was ever notified by the judge or the court.  We won, thankfully, but here's the kicker: some other people are involved in an almost identical suit, and their attorneys and ours, were all in court MONDAY.  Yeah.  Of this week.  And the judge didn't remember he'd already heard, and ruled, on our half, and we didn't know he had either. And the meter was running for both sets of our attorneys.  If they are almost identical, wouldn't you think he'd have ruled on the other half ?  Hello....anything sound familiar?  It's the same case--just different people--even the lawsuit name is the same. 

Wanna know how we found out we'd won?  Our attorney happened to log on to this new website for attorneys to be able to check the status of cases that are pending a judge's decision, and there was our suit.  He signed our order on June 26, 2010.  Seriously.  I am not kidding.  Now the attorneys for the identical suit are trying to figure out how to tell the judge he FUBAR -ed, without embarrassing him.  Unbelievable, no???  They don't want to totally piss him off since we want him to nail the side that brought the suit, and make them cover our attorney fees.  I wish I could tell you I made all of this up but I don't have that active an imagination.  If I did, I'd write for a Soap Opera.  Oh....that's right...this is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment