Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yeast-- what a pain in the butt

Two loads of pizza dough later and I figured out all my yeast is dead.  Every single one of the packages--even the unopened ones.  Well, thank you very much Fleishman's, especially since it says good through April, 2011.  Fred is on his way to get me some that's live, since tonight is Pizza Night on my Egg and homemade dough is just soooo goood and sooo easy, if you have live yeast.  And since it needs to nap (rise) for an hour and a half, I'm burnin' daylight here.  We needed some AAA batteries, too, and forgot them earlier, so now he can knock out both.  I could go harvest the last of my basil but that requires getting up, and I'm just sooo comfy here in my chair, yakking.  After two loads of dough making, a girl needs her rest.  And a big old glass of freshly made iced tea....now that's what I'm talking about.  OOOOO, ahhhhh.  And perhaps a Wigman or a Sister girl in my lap.  On second thought, nahhhh....they chair hog too much.  I might as well get comfy since Fred is known to spend forever at the store.  I guess when you don't go much you don't remember where they put stuff and they constantly re-arrange stuff so it can get frustrating.


 Hallelujah the dough is made and actually seemed like dough this time.  It's covered and resting on top of the freezer in the Utility room, where it's toasty and warm.  And I made the pesto, too.  I filled four of those little bitty round Glad containers with the pesto to share or add to the freezer stash, and I saved some for tonight's pizzas. (I roast the garlic and the nuts and I think it really does make a difference when you do that.)  The flavor is just fuller to me.  Shoot...it lured Fred in to the kitchen from just the smell.  My one remaining basil bush was decapitated-- but all for a good cause.  Knowing that bush, she could still put out some more leaves before Fall but she's no longer pesto worthy.  Bruschetta, maybe.  Even that might be a stretch.
So, stick a fork in me, I'm d-o-n-e.  But I sure am ready for pizza......

No comments:

Post a Comment