Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 1, 2010

Drum beat

Can you hear the tribal tom-toms?  Yep...it's the prelude to the holidays and all the clans are getting theirs out to beat, or have already started banging.  It's as predictable as me gaining back any weight I lose....families are just gonna do what they do.  And I used to think they were doing it to me....they aren't.  They're just doin' it, period ---because that's what they do. Everybody has to decide, right now, exactly what they are going to be doing 10 weeks from now, for lunch.  One meal.  And it's just lunch.  Same thing we do everyday--- at that same time--- only this one is The Big Kahuna.  Not.

Admittedly, Thanksgiving (TG) is one of my favorite holidays and I think even more so than Christmas.  No tree to set up and take down--just a few pumpkins and some leaves and berries, and you are pretty much there.  You give thanks, eat a great lunch, clean up, and it's o-v-e-r.  I love the simplicity of that.  Squeeze in a nap and it becomes the purrrfect day.

I recently got a chance to put my money where my mouth is, regarding one of the boys.  If I want my guys to be happy and free to do whatever they choose, I better be sure I'm not just talking it.  I better be walking it, as well.  I won't go into detail here --word travels way too fast--but I will say after talking with a close and trusted friend, what I thought was a big deal, simply imploded.  As I was processing it loud to her, and heard what I was saying, I realized what had been true in the past, was really no longer part of the equation.  The person I wanted to attribute all of these "wrongs" to, was really just being who they are--not doing anything to me--just doing what they do.  Wow.  Huge awareness for me and what enormous freedom to slide out from under all that old stuff.  Suddenly, it was all OK-- Paris was no longer burning and my hair wasn't on fire.

On another note, Fred loaded our pictures from Aspen and Snowmass somewhere on here, but I have yet to find them.  If I can find them before I leave for the Farm this afternoon, I'll post a few.  You gotta see the triangular showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment