Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I gotta get busy...I'm burnin' daylight here.  I've got to figure out how I'm going to cook my Thanksgiving turkey on my Big Green Egg (BGE).  The official EGGtoberfest is this weekend, in Hampton, Georgia, at Atlanta Motor Speedway, but I already have plans for this weekend, so there goes that option.  I'm sure I could have asked any number of Eggheads for suggestions but whatever.  I'm just going to have to wing it.  My first really critical decision is whether to go horizontal or vertical-- cooking wise, that is.  Do I get the vertical roaster so it looks like it's still walking upright (think beer can chicken) or just go with the old school, totally predictable, boring horizontal roaster pan.....  I have to use a pan either way, to catch the juices for gravy, but I need to elevate the turkey to get it brown.  Decisions, decisions....sometimes cooking is just so complicated.  I'm definitely brining my turkey again unless someone has found another use for my brining bucket--- and I have a sinking feeling it's already happened.  $10 says it's now a car wash bucket.  Eeeeeww.

On a totally different topic, I have decided to give myself a personal day (off) from lunch at the Plaza with mom this Friday.  Frankly, I just need a break from all of that and the old people "cuisine". Sometimes you just gotta do what you've gotta do and my tank is on empty right now. 

I think I set a new speed record yesterday for driving up and back to the Farm, for the sofa delivery.  I was there by 8:50AM, sofas arrived around 9:35AM, and I was back on the highway by 10:10AM.  I barely got to drink the coffee I made!  I saw them out of the window trying to decide which house was getting the sofas.  Lest that sound glamorous, let me just say two houses are tee tiny, and then there's the bigger house.  Two sofas, one delivery....seems pretty obvious, no?  I finally got their attention so their problem was solved.  Two of the cushions on one sofa got squished a little during shipping and they said it should "relax" out in a week, or they'll fix it.  I think I'll just lie on it.  That oughta flatten it out.

Look to the left and you'll see why I coluldn't shoot a pic of the other sofa--it was really bright this morning and the other sofa's back, is to a big window.  Not a great photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment