Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Toast, lightly buttered

This morning seemed to start like any other with one exception:  someone in a furry brown suit would not stop whining.  Not sure why.  Tried everything.  No good.  Finally, threw a piece of 12 Grain bread in the toaster oven, for myself. Buttered it a little.  Ahhhhh....problem solved.  Wiggles wanted toast, lightly buttered, for breakfast.  His breakfast.  Forget me.  He was all about the toast.  Now he's quiet, in his little donut bed underneath the table.  OK...change that....he's whining again, but I'm not fixing anymore toast.  Just fagedaboudit.  If he wants coffee, he can just damn well go fix it himself.

Tonight I am taking dinner to my friend who had surgery a few weeks ago.  Menu?  Grilled pork tenderloin, fresh baby spinach salad, and something else I know not what.  Desserts are off limits as is anything spicy or oniony, so maybe I'll just go see what looks good.  She's a real workout gal so naughty stuff is just off her radar.  I'm thinking the pumpkin crisp I made last night might blow her totally out of the water since it was naughteeeee.  To the max.

Today I am cooking and gathering up things we need to take up for the party.  Quilts to lap over the fence around the backyard, colored tablecloths for the tables in the yard, mums, pumpkins, hay bales...you get the idea.  Fred just called to let me know they will be delivering the sofas tomorrow morning between 9-11 AM so now the big dilema is, do I drive up tonight and spend the night, or haul the mail up there in the morning.  I can't head up there until after about 7pm so who knows what I'll end up doing....life can just be soooo complicated sometimes.  Dogs, food deliveries, sofa deliveries... a real life altering decision here, no?  I'm leaning towards just going tomorrow, early, coffee in hand, with my music playing, sun shining. 

I just looked up and since the clock says it's 8:30AM and has been saying that for quite a while, I'm thinking I better close and tend to some other things around my house that need tending.  It's just always somethin', isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment