Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 8, 2010

Back to normal...whatever that is

Yesterday was "take back your life" day for me.  I finally got to do my errands.  I got my oil changed and I don't know why that always makes me feel so grown up, but it just does.  When I was in High School, I didn't even know cars needed or had an oil doodad, so that's a pretty good clue how often that got checked in my car.  I guess my dad did it.  And it wasn't until I'd been married awhile that most "filling stations" (remember that?), went self service.  To this day, I don't think my mom EVER filled up her own car...she was all about FULL service and everything that went with it.  Makes me laugh to think about it.

I took clothes to the resale place, I shopped and bought jeans and some new tops, I forgot about a tea (boo hoo-Not) and followed all that with a grueling, double dog wash.  Oh, yeah....and Sister was first.  I figured it was better to wash her while Wiggles ate so I knew exactly where she was.   Since she'd made two trips to the Farm, running all over the pastures, the house-- you name it-- and hadn't had a bath, she was almost begging for one.  She likes the new sprayer in my sink but she did comment that she thought I was getting a little personal with it.  Well....pardon me.  She kept head butting my hand as I was spraying her head and neck, to keep doing it.  They also get a full body massage as I dry them off.  My dog wash is a full serivice operation.
  I swanny....there is just nothing like a farm house sink when it comes to bathing dogs.  It's like a perfectly sized mini horse trough, right at the perfect height, only nicer.  Sis almost fill ours up-- but with Mr. Pigglesworth, there's plenty of room.  The catch with him now is, you have to hold up his back end or his back legs slip and he "baby turtle's", like on the hardwood floorsAnd when you try to scrub him, he just flattens out.  Not a good look and probably doesn't feel too good either.  Maybe next time I'll throw a towel in the bottom of the sink so he can get some traction.
  All of their bedding got washed and aired out in the sun so they can sleep on fresh, fresh.  Ears were cleaned (and other unspeakable parts--Sis would die of embarrassment) and all that was left was switching their tags to their new collars.  Fred can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment