Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, October 11, 2010

Advil, anyone?

This morning I have a hitch in my get-a-long and from the looks of Fred, I'm not the only one.  We had another Farm frenzied weekend and over did yet again.  Old dogs just do not learn new tricks--like not to over do-- but the good news is, the Farm is starting to perk up, and with additional love and care, she's going to look like she did in her youth.  Now, lest I sound like this is some sort of obligation--rest assured it's not.  No one is holding a gun to our heads saying all this stuff has to get done.  Quite the contrary.  WE are the NIMRODS who love doing stuff like this so pass the Advil, and I'll shut up.

I did find a big old snake shed on the South side of the house that would have made any snake proud.  I think our bull snake family has gotten the memo that the hole is now plugged so they might better head somewhere else.  They are great snakes to have--just not this close to the house, thank you very much.

Fred said the horse trough had a leak, so while I meandered down to feed the horses an old bag of carrots I'd brought, Ms. Super Snooper had to check it out.  Keep in mind I know zilch about horse troughs or the auto fill mechanism, but with a little poking, I managed to get it to run so I could figure out where the leak was.  Sure enough when it got filled up enough, the pressure from the water, thank you physics, pointed out the tee tiny oozing leak.  That's on next weeks "to do list", before the party.

On our way back Sunday, we happened to strafe past the La-Z-Boy store off LBJ, so once we dropped off the pups at home ....we.....went.....back.  Yep, we did.... and we must have looked like two homeless street people, but whatever.  Well, hell....when it says SALE, ya just gotta stop....so we did and we can now add two new swivel, rocker, recliners to the new furniture tally and they are nice.  I got Fred to call his mom to come pick out the fabric and be sure she liked the chairs, since I knew better than to try to do that alone.  She came, we all agreed, so in eight weeks or so, Green Trees Farm is gonna be looking loads better after her mini face lift.

Back to the horses and I'll close.  One of the horses was all about the carrots and the others wouldn't even try them.  As a result, he followed me all over everywhere as I kept handing out the carrots.  He was like a giant dog following me....he and a big hornet, but that's another story.  (The hornet liked my white shirt and I had to wave my arms around like a crazy woman to get him away.)  Anywho, you could just tell one of the others was dying to try them but just could not break down and do it.  Dude....snooze, ya loose.  Take the risk.  That one horse snarfed an entire bag of mini carrots and loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment