Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 29, 2010

JMO

Since yesterday I was in desperate need of a pick me up, I ran by to see Wolverine and the Fairy Princess, and baby sister, Avery.  They actually were not in costume when I got there, but after Wolverine appeared in his, F. P. had to go put on hers.  Nothing like two little kids in Halloween costumes to make you laugh, and honey, they delivered.  Big time.

Afterwards, on my way home, I went shopping for their Christmas presents....I know....before Halloween.... but this year, I've decided to get my shopping done early, and stress less.  Shuddddup....I'm gonna give it a try.  I got Wolverine's gift, but FP's has no come in yet, despite the fact it is on the front of one of the kid's store catalogs.  I'm on the call list for when it does come in, and it's gonna rock her world when she gets it.  Picture it: a hot pink, crushed velvet looking, machine washable, girl super hero cape, and matching reversible mask.  Ohhhhh, yeah, baby.  This is b-i-g stuff.  I can just see her flying through the house in it now.  And since Wolverine already has his cape, they will soon be able to do a dual fly- by.  Way cool.

  I'm still working on baby Avery.  Since she turns one a few days after Christmas, this year I may just do a birthday present--her big day.  After that, she'll get two every year--one for Christmas and one for her birthday.  As a December birthday kid, I know what it's like to get that "combo" present every year-- and ask any December birthday kid and they will all tell you the same thing:  December birthdays and a combo gift SUCK.  As do birthday gifts wrapped in Christmas paper.  Other birthday month people just do not get this, until you give them a "combo" gift wrapped in Christmas paper, on their birthday, in July.  And even then, they will act like you are nuts and they are fine-- they aren't-- they just have birthdays in other months so they are clueless.  And it's not about the present--it's about the combining--you wouldn't do it any other month, so don't do it in December either.  It's just wrong--take it from me--and that's just how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment