Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A pink barn?

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.  After going up to the Farm yesterday and pretty much working non-stop, by the end of today, I was w-a-y over it.  That, and the bull snake I encountered on arrival on the back porch that was sunning, until I interrupted everything.  At first I thought maybe the snake was fake--a little "surprise" from Brian and his bunch--but, ah, noooo, this was the real deal.  Once I saw the flickering tongue, that was it for me.  I ran to the car and grabbed my cell to call Bruce--he absolutely loves snake sightings--maybe not on the back porch-- but it just adds to the Farm "charm".  Me??  Not so much.  By the time I got back, the snake had slithered between the foundation and the wall, in a tiny little crevice.  FINE BY ME.  Except, I did have to go a little closer to get the back door key.  Mission accomplished and I was inside.

  Then Rodney, the caretaker, and his nephew came walking up last night in the dark to get the riding mower he'd left earlier, by the gate.  Did I mention it was pitch black outside, and his nephew was carrying one of those spooky Halloween type flashlights that make the light sort of shimmy and shake, and then turns off?  I was walking around the house turning off lights, headed to the back to read, and even when I knew who it was, it still scared me, even though I was laughing.  Rodney and I were still laughing about it this afternoon.

The barn is currently Pepto Bismol pink, due to the primer, post power wash, and with the Texas flag painted on the side, it's a sight to see.  The red goes on once it's all dry but that pink is, well......pink.  The wood man delivered a cord of wood, and since we have some trees at the little house that have to come down due to disease, we're gonna have plenty of wood for a good, long time.  Santos, our tree man, came up with Bruce this morning to give us a bid,  and will get started the weekend of the 16th, at the little house, taking down the sick trees.  Then he'll head up to the big house, the following weekend, for the trees in the yard there.

The HVAC man came today, the phone guy came to repair the old line, the Dish guy came and got us all set up, and the new TV is in place and rockin'.  I made a run to Denton for 2 new lamp shades, a new vacuum cleaner, fresh new towels, and some other supplies, and my wheels finally came off about 4pm.  I c-r-a-w-l-e-d into bed, post Advil, only to be told I needed to switch rooms, unless I wanted to try to sleep through the satellite guy hooking up the back TV.  Josh was nice, but not that nice, so I went next door.  I woke up at 5:35pm.  We just got home and I am ready to call it a day---more like a weekWhatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment