Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Satisfaction

Who knew early voting and the act of using my right as an American to vote AGAINST someone, could bring such satisfaction.  Tuesday I went to my nearby early voting place to vote AGAINST Judge Carlos Cortez.  Since I have been in this judge's courtroom and experienced his bias, enormous ego, and lack of judicial knowledge first hand, somehow voting took on a whole new meaning for me.  I wasn't just saying "Take that, buddy" -- I felt like I was doing my job as a citizen of Dallas County.  If my vote prevents anybody else from being in his courtroom, then my time was well spent.  Voting in Judicial races has always been a snore in the past, back when I did not know how the system really worked.  Now that I know, I am much more engaged.  I guess if something good has come out of this, it's been to get me to the polling place, early, to cast my one vote.  And yesterday, I made sure mom could vote early on a paper ballot by calling in to have them mail her one.  She and I got a great laugh over how much we both will enjoy voting against Cortez.  I guess there's a silver lining in just about everything.

Sis was back on squirrel patrol this morning at the usual time 7:45-8:30 AM and made another pest of herself, barking.  The older she gets, the more hound that comes out in her.  Wiggins is asleep right by my feet, snoring in his donut bed......he's had phase two of his breakfast so now it's back to the sack.  The funny part is, when I get up for more coffee, he follows me.  I'm not sure how he knows I've left but somehow he does and he'll waddle sleepily into the kitchen just about the time I'm on my way back, with a full cup of coffee.  Seems like a lot of effort just to keep tabs on me but whatever.

I have a big brisket in the refrigerator that I am pondering on whether to cook in the oven or, to throw on my EGG.  Decisions, decisions....sometimes it's the little stuff in life that stumps me.  There are two new books out that I am dying to read but I know if I start them, I will go totally underground and only come up for air and to eat.  And one of them is l-o-n-g.  The new Ken Follett,  Fall of Giants--book one of his new trilogy-- is just calling me but I have other work to get done.  I may let myself have it after this weekends tree trimming at the Farm, as a gifty prize for myself.  Hells bells...if I'm going to be dragging tree limbs and branches, I'm going to give myself sumpthin'



No comments:

Post a Comment