Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sonic

It is with a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I type this....  I go through this every year but this could be it.  The real deal.  The year our neighbor down the block, Cyrena, decides not to throw her annual Halloween Party.  I know I've blogged about it in the past--everybody comes or at least drops by, which isn't hard considering it's in her front yard.  And, it's the only time some of the older guard venture out.  Every year she has her Gypsy wagon with a magician, tables set up for dinner and a buffet, and she used to dress up her dog, Teddy.  We've had everything from Thai food to Wild About Harry's hot dogs and the last couple of years have been Mexican food.  If it's rainy, she does easy up tents, and if it's cold....welllll, just don't eat the ice cream and bundle up. But go.  'Cause it's fun.

Anywho, yesterday as I booked it down our block, I noticed she's having a new front walkway put in which will look really nice when they are finished.  The previously laid thin pavers, popped off after a few years and were not a good look.  The new front walk and all the work, is what has me wondering if the party is going to happen.   Arrgg!  It could happen --and since I regress back to about the emotional age of a five year old, for Halloween, I refuse to give up on this until I.... just... have.... to.  I'm just going to hold out hope that maybe I'm wrong.  She tried to sell her house earlier this year and Fred and I were already thinking "oh, noooooo" back then, but when it didn't sell, I figured we might still be in there.   Stay tuned.  If it doesn't happen, I'm just gonna have to big girl up and cope, but I sure do love that party.  And so does Fred....even more than me.  He practically runs down the block every year. 

Which reminds me, since we have eaten almost all of our Halloween candy--we do this every year--I 'd better get some more.  And I only get the good stuff which explains why we never have any.  Brian came by last night and all three of us were grab bagging around like little kids.

I've decided that for next Saturday's tree trimming finale, I'm going to cook burgers out on the grill for all the tree workers and anyone who shows up to help drag limbs.  Last week, Neil and John (Fred's baby brother's) bought the tree trimmers lunch from the Sanger Sonic, home of the backward blading guy who delivers your drive thru order to your car.  He's kind of nerdy --ok, a lot nerdy--but he's real nice and he loves to do all his stuff-- carrying your order.  I tip him extra 'cause....well....he's entertaining.  And seeing him skate back in, backwards, with the tray, and all his "moves", just guarantees I'm gonna laugh my head off on the way back.  Last time he told me to" have a great day" and I said "back at ya".  Then he said "well, you can't have a bad day on roller blades" to which I replied "trust me...ya can if it's me."   Man, I am old because he laughed......a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment