Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Munchkins

I dropped by yesterday afternoon to see Hudson, Hadley and Avery, though I figured Avery might be napping and she was.  When I got there and Had saw me, she immediately started laughing and smiling, and then ran and hid in the kitchen.  Lydia, the most wonderful lady in the world, hence forth to be called "EEEE-ya", looked at me and just started laughing.  As soon as I rounded the corner to the kitchen to put down my keys, Had was all chatty and and ready to play.  She showed me her empty bottle as we walked up the back stairs.  I don't think she uses one anymore--I think she was just playing with it.  When we got up to the playroom, there was the cutest boy ever, lying on the couch, watching Nickelodian, and looking sleepy.  Had came over and I scratched her back and we talked and then it was Hud's turn.  By this point, all of the previous snoozy sleepy was gone, and Hud was ready to play.

First we played with his pirate ship and discussed wheter we thought it would float in the bath tub.  After looking at it and turning it over he told me "it has holes on the bottom so I'd need duct tape for it to float".  I kid you not....that's exactly what he said.  PURE Man-Boy with the solution of duct tape.  While we were playing, I gave him a back scratch, too,--we always do--and then he wanted me to crack an egg on his head, as part of our usual repertoire.  I always make sounds while I do it and sometimes he laughs, and sometimes he's just quiet and relaxed.  Sometimes he lies on the floor and I'll tickle his arms and legs, too....just depends on how limber this old bod of mine is, on the carpeted floor, on any particular day.  Both mommy and daddy came home by this point so I got to see everybody.

Then luckily for me, Avery woke up and was ready to be up.  I got to see her and scratch on her, too, while Mommy held her, since she was still a little sleepy from her nap.  How great was that....all three munchkins in one trip.  The joy these three little people bring me is just indescribable....they are beautiful, fun, funny, and just such special little people.  They make me laugh, remember my own boys, but mostly just fill me with such  a sense that the world really is a good place--no matter what the newspaper, Internet, or TV says.

See...made you laugh, didn't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment