Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 29, 2010

Brrrr...and I love it!

Since I knew it was supposed to get a little brisk last night, I pulled out the puppy's white, fluffy duvets and put one on each bed in the event they were cold over night.  Sometimes they co-bed, sometimes Sis kicks Wig out for snoring, sometimes he leaves because she kicks him so much in the night.  Either way, they were "covered" last night.  I tucked the elderly gentleman in his, first, between the layers like a sandwich, with him as the meat, and he always tries to climb out, until he gets all warm and toasty.  I usually scratch on him for a second while I wait for his body heat to warm up the bed.  OOO, la la...after that he doesn't budge until morning.   Sis dives down underneath her duvet for maximum snoozability.  She looks like a reverse Oreo--white chocolate outside with the dark chocolate center.  Deeeelish and the warm dog smell is pure heaven.

I just looked down below my desk and found Sis, hogging the entire donut bed, with old, arthritic Wigman sitting beside the bed on the carpet, all chilly and pitiful looking.  That is just soooo Sis, so I picked him up, shoved her enormous butt over and snuggled him in.  Now they are both snoozing happily.  I thought I had pretty much ceased parenting.  NOT.  At least not for these two anyway.

I haven't told the pups we are all headed for the Farm tonight since time ticks so slowly when you are a dog, waiting to go somewhere.  They will both know anyway once they see us packing up and then the frenzy will begin.  It's better not to have to deal with both of them going nuts until later.  I won't blog from the Farm since there's no WiFi connection at the house and besides, I'll be too busy stoking my fire in the fireplace, cooking burgers outside, and mostly chasing down Sis.  Geeeze....she's a full time job and with the tree men there??....Oh, Lordy...it's likely to be more excitement than one gal can stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment