Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, October 7, 2010

As of yesterday afternoon, I have set a new personal best in the spending department.  Never in 56 years of life have I purchased three sofas in 24 hours.  I found the last one, for mom, yesterday morning, and pulled the trigger on it after lunch.  I wanted to be sure it was the "right one", so I decided to think about it for a few hours.  I had also hoped my sister might have time to run take a look at it, but she couldn't, so we texted back and forth, and gotter dun.  Then, I ran to get mom new sunglasses.  She'd been asking me for ages and yesterday was just IT.  Talk about weird, though....what kind of sunglasses does an 83 year old lady wear?  I tried on two pairs and decided the Coach ones were right up her alley and she'd look cute in them, so I just went with it.  Buying things for someone else, when it's not a gift, is just downright stressful.  Some people really don't care and are thrilled with anything---and then there's my family.  Picky, picky picky.  Me included. It's genetic.

The nicest part is, mom is sooo much easier these days.  She's no longer Queen of the Pickies.  No more snarking if it's not exactly what she had in mind because she doesn't have anything special in mind.  Or, if she does, she doesn't articulate it, even when asked.  Wow.....that leaves lots of room for personal interpretation.  Amen to that.

The bunny report is, no sightings in the last week but I did see one of them a few weeks ago.  Fat, sassy, and hopping all over my neighbors salad bar.... uh, yard.  They must be keeping them in a bunny hutch or something because I don't see them near as much as I used to, or they've plugged up the escape holes in their fence.  My moneys on a hutch.
  The garden has been a total back burner item lately and I'm evaluating whether I even want to do it next year, given the soil blight problem.  Unless I'm willing to totally replace my soil with a truck load of healthy (?) soil, and that makes my back ache just considering it, I may give up my patch.  Even flowers were a dismal failure once the blight got going full tilt and that's just wrong.  Not sure I can cope with that kind of disappointment again.....(drama, anyone?)  Besides, I should have some whopping gardenias on my new bushes, so I may just go with that.  We'll see.  My basil plant is still going strong despite my fairly recent surgical procedure on it.  I may get one more load of pesto out of it yet.  Since we've been working on the pesto--I made some pesto chicken angel hair pasta last week and we polished off one of the containers--I may need to restock.  Man....its just always somethin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment