Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Geeze...

Who knew reading my blog would put one of my Followers in the hospital?  Eagds.  Seriously, though, Aubrey is in the hospital in Nash so everybody send her prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery.  You know...this nurse stuff does come in handy.  I got to speak to Aubs's mom this morning, since Benji had enlisted my help, long distance.  Damn...where is my private "Oprah" jet when I need it, so I could just buzz to Nash and do some real unofficial nursing.  I could spend the night with Aubs at the hospital, so her momma and Sibs could get a good night's sleep.  I could go down the hall and shake a stick at those lazy night nurses, the likes of which they may never have experienced.  I'd love that....just does my heart good thinking of fun stuff like that.  And all for a good 'cause--little Ms. Aubs. 

It's funny...I never think much about my past career until something like this happens and then I am in it up to my eyeballs, scratching in the closet for my old scrubs, trying to diagnose long distance, explain how to nicely mention a few choice words, like Nurse Manager, Director over this area, Hospital Administrator (CEO), and watch people rocket right out of their chairs, and start giving the care they should be giving anyway.  You can't do it a lot-- and you don't drop those names if you aren't mad enough to bite the head off a small child--
but when it's called for.....well, hell...just do it.  There's ways to get what you need without doing this but you have to know what they are, how to do it, and then be willing to do them.  They key is knowing how.

Those of you who were part of the Parkland blog after Brian's crash, heard some of the stuff I did --and you better know I'd do it all over again, if I had to. The trick is, you have to be nice when you do it.  But, and here's the real but.....you cannot leave any doubt in the mind of the person you are speaking with, that you will do exactly what you've just said you will, whatever that is.  And if you just happen to have any medical background, you throw that card, too, to let them know you ain't playin'.  No, baby.  Not today.

Ahhh....the good old days.  Do I miss it?  Not on your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment