Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Off to the movie

I am prouder than a new first grader's mother.  I just got a phone call from mom and she and a bunch of her gal pals from the Plaza, are planning a gals trip to the Angelika this Friday to see The King's Speech.  The reason for her call??  She needed cash for the movie and since we take care of all that for her, I was thrilled she remembered she needed money for the movie.  The driver at the Plaza is all set up to take them and pick them up, and he's wonderful at helping them with their walkers, etc.  I can't wait to hear how it goes.  Mom loves movies and she already knows this one is right up her English loving alley.  When she called, I think I was as excited as she was, about her going.  Even at 83, ain't life grand!

It's time for me to get serious in the yard department and get my fertilizer ready and the yard mowed.  I hate all that old, crispy, brown grass--it's just uggggleee-- and we still have leaves up under our bushes that just need Juan Huerta's leaf blowing men to come clean up.  He's worth every penny and his guys are so nice.  When he's done, the yard always looks like it's had a mani and pedi.  Oooo, la la.

My daffodils bloomed, the red buds are out in force, and that can only mean one thing--winter is o-v-e-r-- and can I get an amen on that.  It's time to rev up my big green egg and eat outside in the backyard.  I'm ready to throw the windows open and enjoy the breeze, the birds, and all of the smalls on our block playing outside.  It's time to pot and scratch in the dirt, even though it's still early.  Eleven more days and we should be past the last frost date so I'll be digging around in the garage from now on, seeing what I have and what I need to get.  I can just see Fred's face as he reads this....since the garage is technically "his domain", he's gonna have a cow knowing I'm out there poking around.  I live to pester him.

No comments:

Post a Comment