Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, March 21, 2011

Why does it have to be so complicated?

Yesterday around lunch time our router died, and we plunged head first into computer hell.  And it was sheer hell.  Things that are complicated like cars and computers aren't supposed to quit working, and if they do, you should just be able to call and have a new one delivered, and set up immediately, at no charge.  It seems only right.  For cars, they should just drive you over one like you had, that runs, and off you go.  That's my kind of world--the no fuss, no muss world.  All this computer support nonsense, like Fred did all day long is just forgetitsville.  Nuh, huh..... 'cause I don't even speak their language, and haven't a clue as to what they are even asking me.  Two routers later, I am back in the computer saddle, but really......why does it need to be that hard?  By the time it was fixed, Fred looked like he was gonna have a s-t-r-o-k-e. 

According to yet another of my unofficial polls, I found we are not the only ones who had some difficulty this weekend, and some people had a full week of drama.  My poll included a flooded office, for the fourth time, two thefts--one from their truck, one from a piece of property, one family's financial crisis due to illness, an elderly mom (98) who was dropped accidentally after hip surgery and re-fractured her hip, and oh, yeah...I got a blister on my heal from my shoes Saturday night.  (OK....that last part was supposed to make you laugh.)

The reality is, sometimes life just happens.  And it's nothing bigger than that.  God won't ever give you anything He won't give you the strength to handle--- but I'm not so sure that includes computers.   Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment