Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

OOOO, ahhhhh...

I love Spring Break, especially now that my kids are grown.  Even though I don't have any kids in school to make it official Spring Break, I can just feel a difference in town.  Things s-l-o-w down.  There's less traffic and a more relaxed attitude of drivers, which = a lot less finger shooting and honking.  You can find parking places in Snider Plaza, on Lovers Lane, and even at North Park.  Its just more fun....  I like watching the birds out front bathe in the sprinklers, and talk to each other back and forth.  The Grackles hold their wings up to get a rinse underneath, and then hang around to eat the bugs that the sprinklers flush out of the grass.  What a deal.  A bath and breakfast.

 I like watching my tee tiny yellow Lady Banks roses pop out--even after a winter like we just had.  That's just amazing to me for something that looked brown and dead, to green up and pop out with flowers that fast...those are some hardy little devils.  I like seeing more of my neighbors outside--big and small, some walking their dogs, some running, and others minding their little people, as the grass quickly and quietly turns green, seemingly overnight.  My most favorite, though, has to be the blooming trees--red buds, white buds, tulip trees, Bradford Pear, Dogwood, Viburnam--too many to name.  Just walking or driving around is like going to an art exhibit.  The blue skies and the flowers?  They are just a whole other category.

I'm so glad I live somewhere where Spring comes fairly early.  I'd never make it in the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment