Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sis's Busy Farm weekend

We decided go up Friday and it was just the getaway we needed.  Fred found one lone dead mouse in the big house Friday night, after his arrival patrol, and later thought he might have seen another one scurry past while he was watching TV.  Luckily, I was in the back and knew nothing about the second mouse. 

Saturday while Fred cleaned the scuzz out of the front tank, assisted by Sis, I took a walk.  The sun was out and it was beeeeeutiful but blustery, so after lunch, and a run into town, I felt compelled to nap.  Somebody needed to and Mr. Activity sure wasn't going to stop all of his projects, so I appointed myself.  He fertilized the yard, re-glued down some tiles that are probably not going to stay down since they are 900 years old but he gave it a shot anyway. Then he treated some trees that have borers.  See why I needed a nap...I got tired just watching him.

Cut to Sunday morning.  We are watching TV, but Sis is hunting something inside...starting near the fireplace and then sniff tracking it across the room, getting more excited as she went....sniffing, squeezing that wide load of herself, between the wall and an old small trunk.  By this point, I have jumped up off the sofa, and flown across the room at warp speed, while Fred tries to help her find what she's tracking.  I am about to barf.

  I told Fred to move the shutter out from the wall, and as he did, Sis jumped and clamped her shark jaws around a mouse.  OMG.  She's fast, for a fat girl.  Fred kept yelling for her to "drop it", while  I was just fine with her hanging on to it--at least until I was sure it was dead.  She chomped it a couple of times, and then let him have it.  Hopefully, that is the end of the mouse caper--at least for awhile. I can't take much more of that.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a good little(using the term loosely ;)) hunting dog. I'll never forget the day she fetched that squirrel so proudly....

    ReplyDelete