Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Get over it

I just got back from a run to mom's and I think I need to get over myself.  When I walked in, she was napping on her sofa with the TV on, 'cause it's ALWAYS ON.  Anyway, her hair and nails were all freshly done, but get this: she had on the top to a lovely knit suit I don't think I've ever seen before (black and gold) with the matching shell underneath, and her charcoal velour warm up pants.  Seriously, it was a traffic stopper.  I will give her points since her pants used to be black--but now they are more a lovely charcoal color, and worn to death.  But, she loves them, so she gets to wear them.  After I smothered my laughter, my first thought was the boys growing up, and some of the ensembles they cooked up.

  Since they both went to a Montessori school, dressing themselves and promoting a child's independence was BIG.  I vividly remember clashing clothing colors that almost blinded you, stripes with plaids, Hawaiian shirts, jams and other shorts spun half way around backwards, because "you did it all by yourself".  Tube socks with the colored stripe at the top that were so long, they practically reached their groin.  But, they had to have those socks.  Nothing else would do. Ninja Turtle, He Man, and Skeletor underwear and pj's were simply a must have.

So, I guess that's where we are...back to the old "toddler dressing" days with mom.  I guess if nothing else, it sure isn't boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment