Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Muchas Gracis, Juan

I know this may sound hokey but I truly have a song in my heart and a jump in my step, and here's why: Juan and his band of merry yard men made it by late yesterday afternoon, and set about doing what they do best--cleaning up a yard.  From my perch, looking out the front window, I count at least 12 bags of leaves, and that's just the ones I can see from here.  My yard now looks like something I'm not embarrassed to see, and the back yard is spick and span.  Now it just needs to warm up a little, so I can enjoy being out there longer.  There's just something about clean and neat, that rocks my clock. (A little bit of dirt and some leaves flew in via the doggie door, from the leaf guys jet propelled blowers, but that's a small price to pay for the job they do, and nothing a broom can't fix.)

My Lady Banks roses have all greened up and should be thinking about blooming in the next few weeks.  When they turned all brown during the ice and snow, I was really worried, but some warm sun, water, and some gentle fertilizer have them coming right back.  Since they almost totally surround the roof of our outdoor eating area, if they had croaked, it would have been murder ripping all that down.  My Bridal Wreath Spirea (the green bush on the left) is on her way back as well, and is already putting out buds for her flowers.  We have one big Photinia at the back of the yard (the brown part of the pic) that's on life support, despite Fred's doctoring, and while I'm ready to pull the plug, he wants to play doctor on it a little longer. Today I'm ready to get out the fertilizer and let the front yard have it.  Fred will be all about telling me it's too early, as I spread it on anyway.  Or, I can always just put it on my half.  That'll really make him nuts.  :)

And lastly,............Happy Birthday, Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment