Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Adios, Big Red

While I don't want to speak too soon here, and because this has happened before, I'm going to bite my tongue until it actually happens but it looks like Big Red may be giving up her space in our driveway, to go be repaired.  I'm voting she has a hysterectomy (no motor) but that's just me.  Seems like I'd be celebrating, right??  The downside is, that just puts Crashman one step closer to actually driving Big Red again--a fact I'm not crazy about at all.  The good news??  It's none of my business and nobody wants to know or cares about, what I think.  If they want my opinion, they'll ASK for it, and until then, it's just a simple case "shutskie".  I may gnaw off my own tongue.

Mary left Thursday to drive to Virginia with her daughter and grand daughter, and it rained the minute she left.  Her house looks all sad and lonely and boy, am I glad I'm not doing all the upkeep over there.  She'd already let her yard practically burn to a crisp, so that's another thing I'm grateful I'm NOT responsible for tending.  It will be interesting to see what happens, and whether she decides to live with her daughter for good, or not.  With all of her friends here, that would be a really tough call.  In some ways, it would be nice if she did, even if just for awhile, to give the son who lives here a break.  Man, he deserves one.  Tending to our aging parents is tough duty, I don't care how you slice it.

The big excitement on our block this week was a burst water main on Wednesday.  I almost managed to wangle going out to dinner due to no water.  Water was shooting up through the asphalt, and rushing down the street and just seeing that much water was shocking, in this drought . They said it would take two hours to repair and it took a tad bit longer but was back on in plenty of time for dinner. Thanks a bunch, guys.  It was sickening to see all that water rushing down the sewer.  I wish I could have diverted it to our yard, to water our thirsty plants and trees, but that's way over my pay grade.

Oh, Lordy.....the tow truck cometh.  Big Bass Towing--sounds just like a company Brian would call. Big Red is being loaded as I type.  I probably should go tell her goodbye.  Ooops.  Too late.  I may go dance in the driveway instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment