Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Countodwn begins

I have a real mission ahead of me.  I've got to talk Fred into carrying his laptop in his carry on, so I can blog from Capri.  I know our hotel has internet capability--I'm just not sure what the charge may be and the other thing is, will I really have time to actually blog.  I don't think I'll be able to send pic's unless it's from my Iphone and we all know how gross and grainy those are.  We'll definitely have our camera--it's just that ours is muy difficult to download pic's from and makes me nuts.  I'd have to have Mr. Activity's help and short of hog tyin' him, he's going to want to be out and about....and frankly, so will I.  Not sure how that's going to work out.  I may just have to wait until I get back home.  Myah, myah.

I've managed to redeem my self in neighbor Mary's eyes--I was on her ca-ca list for a brief 24 hour period.  She called yesterday morning before 8 AM and wanted me to come right that minute and get a bunch of plants and two hanging baskets she wanted to get rid of.  I nicely suggested she give them to someone else, and though she said it was "Fine", you could just tell it wasn't.  Oh, well.  She leaves on the 22nd for about 8 weeks, and she's hot to get all of her chores done.  I get that.  I just really don't want another thing I have to take care of right now....even to just water.  Nope.  Not gonna do it.

This morning, she came over with some pantry staples to give me ( I guess I am now the Food Pantry) and we talked, she cried, we talked some more, and she gave me the checks for her yardman for me to put out for 4 more weeks.  That's the part I agreed I could do.  She left just now, all chipper and smiling, to go on about her day.  I'm going to miss her frail little self, even if she does get a bee in her bonnet before 8 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment